http://www.advertisingamanda.com/drjoebarber2/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/drjoebarber-mainlogo2-1-300x124.png 0 0 Dr. Joe Barber http://www.advertisingamanda.com/drjoebarber2/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/drjoebarber-mainlogo2-1-300x124.png Dr. Joe Barber2013-01-31 18:27:342013-01-31 18:27:34Headache Questions To Ask Your Child
Headache Questions To Ask Your Child
- Ask your child to make a drawing of the head pain. Date and time the episode and try not to give your child “hints” as to what to draw.
- Describe the type of head pain your child has. Include information on location, time of onset, frequency, severity, associated symptoms and duration.
- Be specific about the exact way your child’s headache begins in terms of any associated factors or triggers.
- Does anything bring on a headache?
- Does anything improve or relieve the headache?
- Does anything make the pain worse or better?
- Are the headaches changing?
- Does the pain move or radiate to other locations?
- Describe the quality and characteristics of the Pain.
- Does your child take anything for the headache? What and how much? How often?
- Does medication help?
- Has anyone prescribed medication? What medication? Who prescribed it? How often is it taken?
- Does anyone in the family have headaches?
- Does your child have any medical problems?
- Has your child missed school due to the headaches? How many? How often?
- What do you think causes your child’s headaches?